Saturday, June 1st, 2019
TOURNAMENT RULES & INFORMATION
1. All fish must be caught in the “Western” Long Island Sound in compliance with CT’s DEEP regulations (all bass kept must be a minimum of 28” and the limit is 1 per day). The tournament’s boundaries will be The WhiteStone Bridge (678) East to New Haven Harbor (Lighthouse Park which is the Eastern edge of NH Harbor straight across to Shoreham, NY) . All fish must be caught between these boundaries in the Sound. This year, we would like to emphasize catch and release. A fish measuring device will be provided to captains prior to June 1st.
2. The tournament will have an honor system start beginning at 5:00AM. The tournament will end at 3:30PM (all lines out). In order to qualify you have to be in line or weigh in by 4:30PM at the address listed below.
3. The entry fee will be $200 per person or $600 per boat up to 4 anglers. Each additional angler is $100 per head.
4. The location of the weigh-in is located behind The Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood @ 89 Rowayton Avenue. Awards will be given out around 6:00PM.
5. You are welcome to bring a guest or spouse to the after party.
6. The tournament will be based off length and not weight.
7. Catch and Release is encouraged. An official fish measuring device will be provided to captains prior to the event. Fishermen must provide at least three photos of their catch. One showing the whole fish and the fish up against the measuring stick. The fish’s tail must be square on zero and flat against the measuring stick. Another picture showing a close up of the fish’s snout at the highest length... 34” fish would have his snout on the 34. The last picture would be the angler holding the fish with as many of his crew as possible around him. If any photo is questionable the catch will not count.
8. The date of the tournament is June 1st regardless of the weather.
9. To enter tournament each participant must fill out an entry form online (see "Register") and submit payment for each angler or for their boat. Entry forms must be submitted online no later than May 24th, 2019.
10. There will be trophies for the following categories: Largest Striped Bass (1st, 2nd, 3rd), Largest Bluefish, Largest Fish on fly, most unusual catch, and largest fish caught on a Barbie Rod (or similar approved by judges).
11. A separate calcutta will be organized before the event. Emails to follow.